Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cricut Cardz Challenge # 116 -

This is my entry in the current Cricut Cardz Challenge.
 
Inside of card



 
I don't usually use the card feature on cartridges, so this was a challenge to me.
I went directly to the Cricut "Wild Card" cartridge because I knew it would contain
lots of card images. This card had to have a Holloween theme, while I was looking at all the different shapes, I came across this one and it kind of reminded me of a crescent moon.  We all know that witches and moons go together. And of course, you can't have a bright yellow moon without a few bats flying around.

Recipe:

Base - Cricut Wild Card "Circle" pg. 48  BAZZILL CARD SHOPPE "Whirlypop" cut  at  5". I then embossed the front of the base with the Sizzix "Wild Dashes" texture plate.
Moon- I also cut from pg 48, using the Liner layer at 5" and used only the center for the moon. I used Bazzill Smoothies "Banana Bliss" cardstock.
Star paper surrounding the moon- I cut from pg 48, using the Liner layer at 5" and used only the outside of the liner.
Bats- Cut from Recollections black cardstock. Wild Cards cartridge pg 68, Icon layer. I cut two of each-  1",  and 1 1/4"  bats for the inside. I cut one of each- 2" and 2 1/4" bats for the cover of the card. I colored the bats with Sakura "Glaze" gel pen in black to give it a glossy finish. I probably could have use Glossy Accents and might, if I do this again.
Witch- I used Autumn Celebrations cartridge "Witch" pg. 26. Cut at 3 1/4". The only change I made was to use a greenish cardstock for the face of the witch.
The sentiment is from Cardz TV Stamps, " Spooky Sayings". I curled the stamp onto the stamp block to shape it to fit the moon. Worked great.



2 comments:

  1. Spooky and bewitching! Love it.

    Thanks for playing along with Cardztv Stamps!

    mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com
    Cardztv Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, just perfect for our challenge! I love the spooky patterned paper. Thanks for playing with us over at Cardz TV, hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be moderated, so please note that it may not appear right away. Thanks, Carol