Friday, November 23, 2012

BIRTHDAY CARD for my husband

My husband is an 11 year old scout leader and their patch has a racoon on it, so I wanted to make a card with using a racoon image. I found this little guy on my Hallmark Card making software. I printed the image onto matte photo paper and cut it out using my Spellbinders petite oval and scalloped oval sets. The thin tan frame around the oval was made by using two of the petite ovals. I cut one oval and then placed and centered the next smaller die on top it and ran it through the machine again. It was a little difficult getting the frame glued into place. I used Zig two way glue pen with the ball point to adhere the frame. The the tan mat was made with cardstock that comes pre-embossed, but you could emboss your own. I used Fall colors because Fall is his favorite season of the year. I used the Spell binders Shapeabilites dies "Ribbon Banners" for the sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be moderated, so please note that it may not appear right away. Thanks, Carol