Saturday, March 16, 2013

Birthday Card for Son Jon

I wanted something that was masculine and something with an antique feel. I have some stamps from Glitz Designs that I bought from "My Craft Channel" last year. I don't use them much because I really don't prefer that look but it worked out well for this project. I used DCWV (Timeless Type) stack for the printed paper and Bazzill cardstock. The sentiment came from My Pink Stamper stamps, "Birthday Crazy".
The frame is from Cricut cartridge,"Elegant Edges" pg 51. I used the "oblong" layer button with a shift for the cream base at 4.25" and the "oblong frame" layer button at 4" for the brown frame. I used the "border" layer button with a shift for the sentiment strip. I cut one border strip of cream and one of brown, both at .75". I then trimmed the creme border with scissors just a tad on each the sides of the cream border so the brown would kind of frame the cream border. This is a 5"x 7" (A7) card.



1 comment:

  1. Very cute!! I'm sure he's going to love it! Even though I didn't understand half those instructions! LOL - I need to start using my Cricut more and understanding the lingo more!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be moderated, so please note that it may not appear right away. Thanks, Carol