Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Krafty Girls Design Team!!

I am so happy to be a member of my first design team.  Kraftygirls.blogspot.com.   I have to admit it's also a little scary. I wanted so for my first project to be a really good one and that put on some pressure. I decided to incorporate this week's challenge into crafting I would be doing anyway, with the hopes that it would take away some of my anxiety. 
I needed to do a welcome baby card for my daughter-in-law. I will be attending her baby shower in less than two weeks, so time is running out. Her shower theme is going to be owls. I thought that owls would be perfect for her card and it would meet the requirements of the "face it" challenge. I will also be making an owl themed banner for her shower. I'll try to post pictures when it's done. Anyway, to the challenge. Here's my entry:


Here's what I did:

It's a 5" x 7" card base. That's what I usually use. I used a Darice woodgrain folder for the background. The daddy owl is from the Give a hoot cartridge, page 28 cut at 4". I made all of my cuts from scraps of cardstock. I chose papers with a texture to help give a look of dimension.  The mommy owl is from Create a critter 2.  Page 37 cut at 2 3/4".  The baby owl is also from Create a critter 2, page 74, cut a 2".  I actually cut the wings, inner ears, and the whites of the eyes at about 4" to make them bigger. The ones cut at two inches just didn't seem to look right. It's really designed to be for Happy Hanukkah, but I just cut the little tip off the top of the hat and made it into a little baby beenie. The B on top of the beenie is a little epoxy sticker. I thought about stamping a B and then embossing it, but I found this sticker in my stash and took the easy way out. The twine is not twine at all, but some .08 hemp cord from Micheals jewelry department. I used hemp cord instead of twine because it has more body and has a rugged feel that went with the woodsy theme of the card. I hope you enjoyed my share. Until next time. Happy Crafting. :)

14 comments:

  1. Hi Carol:) Love your creations and I'm excited to on the DT with you and look forward to your creations! Have a great evening.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited too. This is just what I needed to get motivated to do some crafting and pump new life into my poor long neglected blog. I always work better with a deadline. :-)

      Delete
  2. Hello Carol! This card is so adorable! My daughter is now wanting us to make one like it of our family! Like Norma said above, I am also excited to be on this design team with you. This is my first DT as well. Can't wait to create "along side" you.
    ~ Dusty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be fun seeing everyone's challenge projects. I'm so glad to be a part of this talented DT with you.

      Delete
  3. Adorable owls! Congrats on baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The baby is due in early September. My daughter-in-law is an elementary school music teacher. She is a beginner papercrafter. I've loaded her up with all kinds of crafting goodies to get her started out on the right foot. :-)

      Delete
  4. I love this little owl family!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a lot of fun making it. It took me awhile to get just right. The first daddy owl I made was too small and couldn't be seen behind the mommy owl. That will never do. Lol. Of course I didn't realize that until I had completely finished it. Oh well, now I have an extra owl for another card project.

      Delete
  5. You did an amazing job! I was nervous too when posting on my first design team... wait... I'm still nervous to put my work out there. It's always nerve-racking to hear what people think of your work. I love it though! I love owls and you did an amazing job. We are very lucky to have you on the KRafty Girls DT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the opportunity. It may sound corny, but I am a dedicated follower of your YouTube channel and blog. I love that you are so candid on camera. As a crafter I can relate to a lot of your comments. It's amazing how much crafters have in common.

      Delete
  6. Love the wood grain background and the owls are adorable. Like the way you used different owl cuts. Thanks for linking to our challege at FCCB. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love Owl cards for some reason they are always adoreable. Thanks for joining us over at HIMCR for the challenge.
    Lisa
    ljcreation.blogspot.com
    HIMCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really adorable, I love all of the different owls! Thank you for joining us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! I love your sweet owls:) The colors are so fun and the design is adorable:) Awesome job! New follower:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be moderated, so please note that it may not appear right away. Thanks, Carol